Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Chicago PDS


I taught a PDS in the Chicago area last weekend. The subjects covered were Zone Theory, "Broken" techniques, and Family Grouping/Grafting. There were students from white to 5th black there and everyone enjoyed themselves.
At the conclusion of each PDS I hand out a survey, you can't get your completion certificate unless you turn the anonymous sheet in. I've gotten overwhhelmingly positive responses at these seminars. At this one, a participant stated they felt it was a family atmosphere, and nothing was treated as a "dumb question". Another said they thought everyone was made to fell important - and that's why I like the small-group format.
Beyond that stuff, I always enjoy my visits back to the old neighborhood. The time goes way too fast and we laugh way too hard. The weather was fantastic, and Chicago pizza can't be beat. I'm planning to go back in December for one or two short seminars. And a beef sandwich.

No comments: