Tuesday, September 25, 2007

O Hee O

When I was in Australia with Ed Parker many years ago, we had just finished a demo at a grade school. The kids were coming up to us and wanting autographs and all that. One of them told me he had a pen pal in O Hee O. I just couldn't understand and asked him a few times what he said, to the point we were both getting frustrated. Then it dawned on me - OHIO!
I'll be going to O Hee O this weekend to teach at Steve Hatfield's studio in Mt. Vernon, just outside of Columbus. It seems that going through the weapons techniques is popular, so that's what we're doing.
There's a big deal happening up there this weekend as well in the Columbus area called "A Gathering of Mustangs and Legends". It's a "round-up" of many of the remaining flying P-51 Mustang fighters and their aces from World War Two.I've been in love with the P-51 since I was a kid and even flew one in New Zealand in 2000.
I'm looking forward to seeing the airplanes and my friends in Ohio.

No comments: