Monday, September 17, 2007

Promotion

Over the weekend I was in Chicago. At the seminar I taught there I promoted one of my long-time students, Ed Bilski, to fifth degree black. Ed is one dedicated practitioner, one of those people who has been "at it" for years, not just "in it".
He's been with me for about 25 years.

Mr. Bilski is an example of a good human being. I don't say that because of his martial arts ability. I say it because of how he's raised his children, how he treats his wife, Kathy, and how he interacts with people. He works hard, and he spends most of his free time helping others. Ed teaches a few people, and works on his daughter's hot rod Camaro. He's smart enough to know when he needs time for himself and he takes it to hunt, play music, and attend a seminar. He's a good student and friend.

I was fortunate enough to be asked to take his daughter, Tiffany, for her first ride in a small airplane. Today Tiffany has earned her commercial pilot license and is working toward being a flight instructor. The airlines may be in her future. Ed is proud, and so am I.

Congratulations, Ed!

**************************************
Lee Wedlake has been teaching Kenpo Karate for over 35 years and has written a variety of Kenpo Books about different kenpo katas and kenpo concepts. Mr. Wedlake has worked directly with Ed Parker and is generous with his knowledge and his time. He is available for Kenpo Seminars and camps.

No comments: