Thursday, September 20, 2007

My keeper



There's a lady in my life and her name is Janis. She's my keeper, the one who helps me keep all the stuff straight and puts up with the rather focused individual I am. Jan never gets up in a bad mood, she always has a smile on her face. She's a great cook. And she doesn't talk all the time. Of course, there's more to her but it's Jan who puts up with me being gone so many weekends to teach kenpo across the US and overseas.
Some of you have met her at the seminars and camps I've brought her to. She enjoys the travel (although she gets motion sickness very badly) and meeting the people I've talked about.
Janis doesn't do the martial arts except that she takes fitness kickboxing at Kyle Zwarg's studio and she has to verbally spar with me. I'm grateful to her that she doesn't gripe about what I do and how much time it takes away. She understands what I am and what I do, and much of why I do it. And she even encourages me to go out and ride my motorcycle with the guys. Either she's got a guy on the side, she's hoping some old lady down here will knock me off the bike, or she sees how it's a type of therapy for me. I'm banking on #3.
So when you see her, give her your sympathy - she has a tough job.


This is Jan's dog, Romeo. Those two are pretty funny to watch and I might keep them around just for the entertainment value.
Ow, NO, please, No, owww. Sorry!

1 comment:

ironmonkey said...

SO deserved,its great to see your happy.
You have dedicated so much of your time to the art you so clearly love and every class I have taken with you that has shone through.
I'm glad you get to spend a little " me " time away from the kenpo though.