Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Book feedback

It seems that my latest book, Lessons with Ed Parker, has taken quite some time to get delivered to people who pre-purchased. I started sending them about two weeks ago and I'm getting reports that they just arrived. I don't know why but at least they're getting there. Here is some feedback on the book from two men who knew him.


I just received your book yesterday. I took it home to read and had a dream that I was at a seminar with Mr. Parker. Which doesn't surprise me because your book gives that feeling of being there; not to mention it has a ton of information and reminders. I also wanted you to know that on a number of occasions I have had students ask me something about a form and I would say that's a good question let me check Mr. Wedlake's book and 99 percent of the time the answer to some obscure transition or hand position answer will be found. So I just want to thank you for all the time and effort you have put into your books. I don't think their could be any better way of expressing your respect to Mr. Parker.
Thanks, Steve

Hi Lee,
The book you wrote was great. It was like walking down memory lane.
When I was reading I could hear Mr. Parker talking, and see him moving like it was this morning. I remember him with the black gi that did not need ironing and his wrist bandaged up. Also the stories he told standing with one leg braced against the wall, brushing his hair away from his face with his hand, at first with the grey spot in the front and later with all grey hair.I remember him doing moves on us and how it felt.
I did not know it at the time but being there for all those seminars was part of history being made I am glad I was there. We learned a lot from him and he became a friend as well. He was great at making everyone feel welcome no matter what walk of life you were from.

No comments: