Friday, February 13, 2009

Recent article

I had an article published in Mentor, the monthly publication of the National Association of Flight Instructors. I had written it a while back and hadn't heard anything about it after submission, so I was very surprised when I opened this month's issue and saw it in there. The nice thing about it was that I got feedback from a New Mexico check pilot and the magazine editor asked me if he could distribute it to the Ohio Wing of the Civil Air Patrol because they asked if they could send it to all their pilots.
I have a few of these things lurking somewhere, waiting for publication. One's at Black Belt, another at Journal of Asian Martial Arts, and one in an encyclopedia. I'm working on another one for my Members Only section about group dynamics, and Marc Rowe and I have discussed one on concussions.
If you have the bug to write, do it! Jump through all the hoops to be accurate and don't be afraid to ask for help. You never know who you might help or trigger an idea in.

No comments: