Friday, July 20, 2007

Cingular sucks


I made a bad decision. I thought I could get away with having one phone number, so I ported my landline to a Cingular (AT&T, or whatever they are this week) cell phone. I'm on the go a lot and I thought that since they even work in Europe, this would be a good thing. Nahh.
Needless to say, they blew it. They turned off my temporary number as soon as I got to the airport to go to Europe. My ported number didn't come active for 10 days and when it did, well, the "fewest (or is it least) dropped calls" slogan didn't apply to me. Not even close. I don't need suspense or want to have to talk like a Texas auctioneer every time I make a call.
Three phones later, and even a dropped call in their parking lot right after they gave me a new phone, I canceled. So far, they've been nice about it. And they've even been good enough to send me e-mails welcoming me to the wonders of their service, a week after I canceled. Can't wait to see how much they want to charge me.
Looks like back to the soup cans and string for me but the sound quality from across the ocean sucks. Wait a minute, maybe not...

No comments: