Sunday, July 8, 2007

A little family pride



I have a niece named Serena who is going off to Maryland today for two weeks. She's 16 and a member of the Civil Air Patrol, too. She's a member in the squadron where I started. This year she qualified for some special summer events, one of which is the Honor Guard Academy. She and the other cadets will be trained by members of the US Air Force honor guard. These are the people who spin the rifles, present the colors, and so on. Serena is the only member of Group Five here in Florida who is attending, and I'm happy for her.
She's a good kid, and like most teens at times, make adults understand why animals eat their young. Her mom is glad to see she has the interest and thinks this will be a great experience for her. I do, too. I'm looking forward to hearing about her experience.

No comments: