Saturday, July 7, 2007

Form Six

I'm working on Kenpo Karate 601, re-editing and adding material. Next weekend I'm teaching one of my Professional Development Seminars in Orlando on Form Six as well. 501 is just a short time away from going to print and I want 601 out the door by Christmas.
I normally give out a pretty comprehensive seminar outline for my PD seminars but these attendees won't get the 60+ pages on Six I've written.
The book will include the usual explanations, and I may change some of the notation material into sidebars since I think there is more commentary on the techniques and structure that are necessary but may detract from the explanatory sections.
There will be notes in the back, and I have one of my black belts, Frank Triolo, who is a lawyer and has agreed to write a short section on the legal aspects pertaining to the weapon techniques.
In addition, I will have a chapter on creating a thesis or personal form. There is not much out there on how to do that and I have been asked about it. In fact. I've done seminars on the subject.
So if you have some ideas, suggestions, comments or want to have a seminar in your area, please contact me through my website. www.leewedlake.com

No comments: