Sunday, July 15, 2007

They came, they saw, they conquered

I held one of my Professional Development Seminars at the Celebration Hotel, near Orlando, yesterday. The group was composed of people from both North and South Carolina and Florida.
The subject was Form Six. All but one had learned the form, and that one person hung in with the group enough to get the sequence and come away with something to work on. It took a solid 5 hours to get through the form. The group was small enough (which is the point of my small-group seminars) that everyone got their questions answered, and got attention. This enabled me to help fix mistakes, make suggestions, and personalize the instruction.
The response was very good and everyone said is was very helpful, even to the extent of using the word "enlightened". They worked, and we went home tired. I really enjoy teaching these seminars.
My next PDS will be in the Atlanta area on Saturday, August 25 at Keith Mathews Karate in Canton. Subjects have been tentatively set and will be posted on my website shortly. www.leewedlake.com.

No comments: