Thursday, July 5, 2007

Eddie is writing a book

I met Ed Cabrera years ago through Sean Kelley. Ed and I have become good friends over those years.
Mr. Cabrera is from the Tampa area now but originally from the Lancaster, PA area. He trained up there and earned a black belt in Moo Duk Kwan and later switched to kenpo. He's now a 4th black under me. He also fought his way up to win the Golden Gloves back in PA, and is a boxer to the core.
Ed has driven down to Ft. Myers from the Tampa area about once a month for many years, a trip of about 2.5 hours one way to take a private lesson and teach a boxing class. The boxing class has proven to be one of the most popular classes we hold and people are truly disappointed on the occasion when Ed has to cancel. Ed knows his stuff and communicates it well, and with a good sense of humor. He is a great instructor.
Ed told me he's writing a book on the integration of Kenpo and boxing, something Frank Trejo fans will love. The cover is about done, and the text largely written. I don't know when he will get it out but I'll keep you posted.
You'll see Ed's face in my next book - he's doing a sleeper hold on Danny Sullivan and Danny is shown choking him out, too. What a couple of hams. Two great guys. Watch this spot for more. And if you want to comment on what you think he should include, please do so - I'm sure he'd like your thoughts.

No comments: