Thursday, July 12, 2007

Three scars

Ed Parker and I were getting into our gis somewhere for a seminar when he pointed out that he had three small scars on his knee. The scars were small and each one separate. They were slightly curved in their arrangement, and were actually slightly above his kneecap if I remember correctly.
The reason they were small and curved is that they were from teeth. He told me that he had hit some guy in the face with a knee and the teeth had broken off and stayed in his leg. He was quite amused by that.
I'm guessing Mr. Parker was lucky to not get an infection from that, and I didn't have the presence of mind to ask if he'd had any ill effects. I seem to remember that he said he just pulled the teeth out and patched himself up. I wonder what the other guy did. Probably lived on soup for a while.

No comments: